Date First Published on SafetySmart Compliance: August 3rd, 2016
Most workers wouldn’t dream of standing on the top cap of a stepladder, let alone the uppermost rung. But this worker is raising the stakes by standing on top of a bucket perched on the top cap. If this perilous setup started rocking, the worker holding the bucket would have little chance of preventing a serious fall. (Naval Safety Center)
Related Compliance Material
- Here is another photograph showing a grossly unsafe use for ladders. Share it with your workers as a reminder of what not to do.
- This article presents a 10-step compliance game plan for the safe use of portable metal ladders.
Related Training Material
- Share this safety talk with your workers to help them identify and avoid fall hazards.
- Here is another safety talk covering ladder safety and the fact that many workers take ladders for granted.
- This article presents a 13-step plan to identify and eliminate slip, trip and fall hazards in your workplace.