Date First Published on SafetySmart Compliance: August 24th, 2016
What’s wrong with this picture? Plenty! A worker is standing much too close to an elevated load that would likely roll right over him if it fell. He is also not wearing a reflective vest and no flagger is in place to control traffic on the street. (NIOSH, John Rekus)
Related Compliance Material
- A worker died after being crushed by falling granite slabs. Read more here.
- Jumping from the cab of a loader or forklift that is rolling over often results in a sad ending. Read about one such fatality here.
Related Training Material
- This article discusses numerous overhead hazards, including elevated loads. Share the information with your workers.
- Here is a safety talk detailing mobile equipment hazards and what workers need to do to stay safe.
- Highway work zones can be hazardous places, both for motorists and for people working on road construction and maintenance. This article presents seven statistics on highway work zone fatalities.