Date First Published on SafetySmart Compliance: July 13th, 2016
Slips, trips and falls are extremely common on construction sites and with conditions such as those shown in this photograph, it’s easy to see why. A worker is seen navigating a sea of rebar on the ground, much of it loose. Slipping or tripping here could lead to a fatal impalement incident. (ELCOSH)
Related Compliance Material
- Read this article for help in assessing fall hazards on walking/working surfaces.
- Download this whitepaper, entitled Housekeeping is Safekeeping.
Related Training Material
- This article discusses how poor housekeeping can lead to workplace injuries. Share it with your workers as a reminder of responsible materials handling and storage.
- Here is a safety talk on the importance of good housekeeping. It includes a housekeeping checklist. Share it with your workers.
- This article presents seven statistics on workplace slipping hazards. Share the information with your workers.