Date First Published on SafetySmart Compliance: December 23rd, 2015
OSHA has released its preliminary Top 10 violations list for 2015 as follows:
- Fall protection are the year’s most frequently-cited type of violation, with 6,721 instances recorded
- Hazard communication issues, with 5,192 violations
- Scaffolding violations (4,295)
- Respiratory protection (3,305)
- Lockout/tagout (3,002)
- Powered industrial trucks (2,760)
- Ladders (2,489)
- Electrical—wiring methods (2,404)
- Machine guarding (2,295)
- Electrical—general requirements (1,973)
Wind can be a factor in workers’ falls from elevations. Share this safety talk with your workers.
Fall protection is the most complex part of personal protective equipment. Read more here.
Read this article for help in controlling fall hazards on walking/working surfaces.